Chrysler's new compact car: The Dodge Dart
Made in America: A new compact car from Chrysler.
The first production version of the 2013 Dodge Dart compact car has rolled off of the assembly line at at Chrysler's Belvidere, Illinois assembly plant.
U.S. autoworkers are proud of the new compact car, the first for Chysler since 1995. USA Today's Chris Woodyard quotes plant manager Kurt Kavajecz as saying, "I've never been in a plant that I feel is more trained and ready than (the) workforce that we have out there today."
The Dart, which goes on sale in June, represents a key moment for Chrysler since it emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013