China's aerospace industry is booming
New research sponsored by the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission (USCC) and conducted by RAND National Security Research shows that China’s aerospace industry has "advanced at an impressive rate over the
The report says that China’s domestic aerospace production has benefited from the "increasing participation of its aerospace industry in the global commercial aerospace market and the supply chains of the world’s leading aerospace firms."
Essentially, because China has become such a massive manufacturing power and has received transfers of "foreign aerospace technology," its aerospace production has greatly increased. One potentially troublesome area that the report assesses is "the extent to which U.S. and other foreign aerospace firms are dependent on supplies from China, and the
implications of all of these issues for U.S. security interests."
Related recent Blogs
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013