China's aerospace industry is booming
New research sponsored by the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission (USCC) and conducted by RAND National Security Research shows that China’s aerospace industry has "advanced at an impressive rate over the
The report says that China’s domestic aerospace production has benefited from the "increasing participation of its aerospace industry in the global commercial aerospace market and the supply chains of the world’s leading aerospace firms."
Essentially, because China has become such a massive manufacturing power and has received transfers of "foreign aerospace technology," its aerospace production has greatly increased. One potentially troublesome area that the report assesses is "the extent to which U.S. and other foreign aerospace firms are dependent on supplies from China, and the
implications of all of these issues for U.S. security interests."
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013