China = U.S.
The news out of Beijing-- "Go get 'em President Hu."
Following President Hu Jintao's visit to the U.S. last week, he is being lauded by his countrymen for firmly establishing China's economic rise in the world. The Wall Street Journal reports that Hu's trip is being viewed as a considerable success.
Interestingly, for all of Hu's accumulated power within the ruling regime, he has already begun preparing for his departure from power. The New York Times reports that in 2012 his "presumed successor" will be "a former provincial leader named Xi Jinping, now China’s vice president."
Related recent Blogs
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Japan's currency moves are heating up a trade problem • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013