China = U.S.
The news out of Beijing-- "Go get 'em President Hu."
Following President Hu Jintao's visit to the U.S. last week, he is being lauded by his countrymen for firmly establishing China's economic rise in the world. The Wall Street Journal reports that Hu's trip is being viewed as a considerable success.
Interestingly, for all of Hu's accumulated power within the ruling regime, he has already begun preparing for his departure from power. The New York Times reports that in 2012 his "presumed successor" will be "a former provincial leader named Xi Jinping, now China’s vice president."
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013