Checking in from the UAW family picnic in Roanoke, Indiana
Field Coordinators with the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) recently participated in the UAW Local 2209 family picnic.
UAW Local 2209 is home to the people who make the Chevy Silverado and the GMC Sierra in Roanoke, Indiana. In operation since 1985, the local has hosted the annual picnic for its members for decades.
Rachel Bennett-Steury and Mike Mitchell spent their time at the picnic speaking with local union members and their families about how lowering the U.S. trade deficit would help create more American jobs.
With 4,000 members present, the picnic felt very much like a county fair! AAM was joined by several other organizations in the exhibit area, all of them sharing information about American-made products and/or offering American-made raffle and gift prizes. Bennett-Steury and Mitchell send a big thanks to UAW Local 2209 for the invitation and opportunity to share information about American manufacturing with its members.
Pictured: Mike Mitchell (in the background) talks with picnickers.
Related recent Blogs
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014