Checking in from the UAW family picnic in Roanoke, Indiana
Field Coordinators with the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) recently participated in the UAW Local 2209 family picnic.
UAW Local 2209 is home to the people who make the Chevy Silverado and the GMC Sierra in Roanoke, Indiana. In operation since 1985, the local has hosted the annual picnic for its members for decades.
Rachel Bennett-Steury and Mike Mitchell spent their time at the picnic speaking with local union members and their families about how lowering the U.S. trade deficit would help create more American jobs.
With 4,000 members present, the picnic felt very much like a county fair! AAM was joined by several other organizations in the exhibit area, all of them sharing information about American-made products and/or offering American-made raffle and gift prizes. Bennett-Steury and Mitchell send a big thanks to UAW Local 2209 for the invitation and opportunity to share information about American manufacturing with its members.
Pictured: Mike Mitchell (in the background) talks with picnickers.
Related recent Blogs
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014