Checking in on Fort Wayne, IN's Labor Day picnic
Earlier this week field coordinators with the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) joined the annual Labor Day Picnic in Fort Wayne, Indiana for a day of solidarity ... and hot dogs!
Over 7,000 working families spent the day at Headwaters Park, enjoying games, balloon artists, and face painting. They also had the opportunity to engage with organizations that work for a fair, just, and healthy Indiana, including the A. Philip Randolph Institute, United Way, Indiana Organ Procurement Organization, Friends of the Third World, and the Industrial Workers of the World.
AAM staff did their part, sharing information about manufacturing and trade. The team was joined by their long-time ally, “Fair Trade Francesca,” who helped emphasize how important manufacturing jobs are to communities like Fort Wayne. Since Indiana has the highest concentration of manufacturing jobs in the nation, Francesca urged those in attendance to send letters to their legislators, voicing support for trade reform. She also stressed the importance of supporting local manufacturers, and applauded AAM field staff for giving away a locally made gift basket full of handbags and accessories from Fort Wayne’s own cinda b.
AAM's team would like to thank the Northeast Indiana Central Labor Council for always inviting AAM to participate in local events.
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013