CHART OF THE DAY: Job Change by Sector
The Alliance for Amercan Manufacturing's #AAMeter shows that 13,000 manufacturing jobs have been created since the start of President Obama's second term in January, 2013.
The graph below explains the net job growth in several sectors of the economy in the last 12 months.
Manufacturing comes in at the bottom, with only sequestered government jobs faring worse. This is terrible--manufacturing jobs are vital to the stability of the U.S. economy.
As Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul explains, "Manufacturing is the key to a strong middle class."
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: The American-made gift you make yourself ... sort of • by LDonia • 12/20/2013
- Rep.Tim Ryan leads effort to prioritize U.S. manufacturing in tax reform discussions • by TGarland • 12/20/2013
- December 20, 2013: Manufacturing weathermen • by mmcmullan • 12/20/2013
- Guest Post: Congressman Tim Ryan on the importance of American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/19/2013
- QOTD: AAM President Scott Paul talks young workers in manufacturing • by TGarland • 12/19/2013
- December 19, 2013: New gig for Baucus? • by mmcmullan • 12/19/2013
- Missed our #ShopAmerica twitter chat? We've got you covered! • by LDonia • 12/18/2013
- ITC made the right call on hot-rolled steel imports • by mmcmullan • 12/18/2013
- WE ARE ... made in Pennsylvania • by TGarland • 12/18/2013
- December 18, 2013: Selling the trade agenda • by mmcmullan • 12/18/2013