"The Case for Re-Inventing the Economy"
The Dow Chemical Company Foundation has launched a new book that means good news for manufacturing. Entitled "Make It In America: The Case for Re-Inventing the Economy," the book "combines the best thinking on how to drive economic growth from Dow employees working in areas such as government affairs and public policy to legal, finance and R&D."
The book addresses the following issues:
- New infrastructure
- R&D that’s cutting edge
- Education that leads the world
- A pro-trade policy that creates a level playing field with limited tariffs and barriers to entry
- An alternative energy strategy that will secure the abundant energy that industry needs to remain competitive
- Regulatory reform
- U.S. tax policies that support manufacturing – not mitigate against it
- Reform in civil justice needed to support advanced manufacturing and end lawsuit abuse
We find it interesting that the book's title is reminiscent of the Democrats' pre-election plan, which mirrors AAM's language, but we welcome any book that champions taking another look at American manufacturing and how it is essential to the future health of the U.S. economy.
AAM release a book, "Manufacturing a Better Future for America," addressing these issues and more 18 months ago.
Read Dow's press release on the book launch.
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013