Carving pumpkins ... Made in the U.S.A. style
Around this time every year, the internet fills up with images of carved pumpkins. Some are quite elaborate, and others are just your standard jack-o-lantern, but one thing is for certain: This is not an activity just for children.
So whether you’re an adult who really enjoys creating one-of-a-kind gourd decorations, or a parent looking for a creative activity to share with your kids, why not keep the carving American-made this year?
Phoenix, Arizona's Villafane Studios, a company that pledges to “inspire creativity and imagination in people young and old through the medium of temporary art” sells a Made in the U.S.A. master tool set. The set includes five tools that will help you peel, cut, scoop, and shape your masterpiece.
Intrigued, but not-artistic? That’s fine. The website also sells step-by-step pumpkin-carving DVDs.
Check out Villafane's online store.
Image by Flickr user indigoprime, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013