Carving pumpkins ... Made in the U.S.A. style
Around this time every year, the internet fills up with images of carved pumpkins. Some are quite elaborate, and others are just your standard jack-o-lantern, but one thing is for certain: This is not an activity just for children.
So whether you’re an adult who really enjoys creating one-of-a-kind gourd decorations, or a parent looking for a creative activity to share with your kids, why not keep the carving American-made this year?
Phoenix, Arizona's Villafane Studios, a company that pledges to “inspire creativity and imagination in people young and old through the medium of temporary art” sells a Made in the U.S.A. master tool set. The set includes five tools that will help you peel, cut, scoop, and shape your masterpiece.
Intrigued, but not-artistic? That’s fine. The website also sells step-by-step pumpkin-carving DVDs.
Check out Villafane's online store.
Image by Flickr user indigoprime, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014
- Creating Jobs Now: USW and AAM take the next step in Akron • by TGarland • 04/04/2014