Can you make your Independence Day a "Made In America" holiday?
The time of year is near to celebrate the American red, white, and blue. And whether you're cooking out on the grill, participating in a parade, or simply counting your blessings, nothing celebrates American independence LESS than stocking up on a bunch of Independence Day supplies that were made overseas.
So, this Independence Day, Make Your Party a "Made in America" Party!
For example: Did you know French’s mustard isn’t really French? It’s owned by a British company. And even though Grey Poupon sounds like it might be foreign, it’s actually an American brand. Here’s the low-down on mustard:
Brand Name Nationality
-Grey Poupon American
It just goes to show you can’t go by the brand name familiarity or sometimes even the label. Spread the word to your family and friends by making your Independence Day festivities Made In America. Click here for more information.
Why Buy American?
When you buy American made products, you put money in the pockets of your fellow AMERICANS. According to Moody’s economists “If every American spent an extra $3.33 on U.S. made goods every year, it would create nearly 10,000 new jobs.”
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013