California resumes tax breaks for green energy manufacturers
The state of California has decided to continue a tax break program for clean energy manufacturers. State officials have determined that the initiative has been working as intended to help foster alternative energy in California.
Under legislation passed last year, the program allows qualified companies to waive the state sales tax when purchasing manufacturing equipment in California. It was intended to promote the growth of alternative energy manufacturing plants in the state and complement the state's push for renewable energy.
The state has approved 33 applicants for $104 million in sales tax exemptions, according to the Treasurer's office.
Related recent Blogs
- Maine State Senate Passes Buy American Legislation • by scapozzola • 06/19/2013
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- Manufacturing employment will level off, says report • by mmcmullan • 06/12/2013
- The Relationship Between the U.S. and China • by TGarland • 06/12/2013
- June 12, 2013 Headlines: The strain that surveillance has on trade deals, confidence in the job market, and more. • by LRaup • 06/12/2013