A busy day at the Alliance for American Manufacturing after last night's State of the Union
Ahead of last night’s State of the Union address, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) had been promoting a 'Blueprint for Manufacturing,' with AAM President Scott Paul personally urging President Obama to go all-in on manufacturing.
To preview last night's speech, Paul gave an interview to Bloomberg TV in which he explained AAM's hopes for the speech regarding trade and manufacturing. Watch that interview here.
After the address concluded, Paul issued a statement urging the president to adopt a stronger approach toward China:
"Expanding trade in Asia and Europe can be a good thing, but not if countries refuse to play by the rules. Completely absent from this year's speech? Trade enforcement. Tomorrow, the president will appear at an auto parts manufacturer in North Carolina. This is an industry besieged by Chinese imports. We could do a lot more good for American jobs by lowering our trade deficit with China first."
This morning, AAM posted a full video response to the State of the Union.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013