A busy day at the Alliance for American Manufacturing after last night's State of the Union
Ahead of last night’s State of the Union address, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) had been promoting a 'Blueprint for Manufacturing,' with AAM President Scott Paul personally urging President Obama to go all-in on manufacturing.
To preview last night's speech, Paul gave an interview to Bloomberg TV in which he explained AAM's hopes for the speech regarding trade and manufacturing. Watch that interview here.
After the address concluded, Paul issued a statement urging the president to adopt a stronger approach toward China:
"Expanding trade in Asia and Europe can be a good thing, but not if countries refuse to play by the rules. Completely absent from this year's speech? Trade enforcement. Tomorrow, the president will appear at an auto parts manufacturer in North Carolina. This is an industry besieged by Chinese imports. We could do a lot more good for American jobs by lowering our trade deficit with China first."
This morning, AAM posted a full video response to the State of the Union.
Related recent Blogs
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014