A busy day at the Alliance for American Manufacturing after last night's State of the Union
Ahead of last night’s State of the Union address, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) had been promoting a 'Blueprint for Manufacturing,' with AAM President Scott Paul personally urging President Obama to go all-in on manufacturing.
To preview last night's speech, Paul gave an interview to Bloomberg TV in which he explained AAM's hopes for the speech regarding trade and manufacturing. Watch that interview here.
After the address concluded, Paul issued a statement urging the president to adopt a stronger approach toward China:
"Expanding trade in Asia and Europe can be a good thing, but not if countries refuse to play by the rules. Completely absent from this year's speech? Trade enforcement. Tomorrow, the president will appear at an auto parts manufacturer in North Carolina. This is an industry besieged by Chinese imports. We could do a lot more good for American jobs by lowering our trade deficit with China first."
This morning, AAM posted a full video response to the State of the Union.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013