Buddy Roemer: Unfair trade will be focus of campaign
As more candidates throw their hats into the ring for the Republican presidential nomination, we’re working hard here at ManufactureThis to let you know where these candidates stand on the issue that’s most important to you: manufacturing jobs.
If you recall from an earlier entry, none of the current candidates mentioned anything about manufacturing in their announcement speeches. Yesterday’s announcement from former Louisiana Governor Buddy Roemer was a refreshing change, since he noted that his campaign would focus on, among other issues, “unfair trade practices.”
It’s great to see the candidates talking about this issue, and we hope this will inspire other candidates to announce their plans to create more manufacturing jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- An American-made case to protect your not so American-made phone • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014