Buddy Roemer: Unfair trade will be focus of campaign
As more candidates throw their hats into the ring for the Republican presidential nomination, we’re working hard here at ManufactureThis to let you know where these candidates stand on the issue that’s most important to you: manufacturing jobs.
If you recall from an earlier entry, none of the current candidates mentioned anything about manufacturing in their announcement speeches. Yesterday’s announcement from former Louisiana Governor Buddy Roemer was a refreshing change, since he noted that his campaign would focus on, among other issues, “unfair trade practices.”
It’s great to see the candidates talking about this issue, and we hope this will inspire other candidates to announce their plans to create more manufacturing jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014