Buddy Roemer: Unfair trade will be focus of campaign
As more candidates throw their hats into the ring for the Republican presidential nomination, we’re working hard here at ManufactureThis to let you know where these candidates stand on the issue that’s most important to you: manufacturing jobs.
If you recall from an earlier entry, none of the current candidates mentioned anything about manufacturing in their announcement speeches. Yesterday’s announcement from former Louisiana Governor Buddy Roemer was a refreshing change, since he noted that his campaign would focus on, among other issues, “unfair trade practices.”
It’s great to see the candidates talking about this issue, and we hope this will inspire other candidates to announce their plans to create more manufacturing jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013