Buddy Roemer: Unfair trade will be focus of campaign
As more candidates throw their hats into the ring for the Republican presidential nomination, we’re working hard here at ManufactureThis to let you know where these candidates stand on the issue that’s most important to you: manufacturing jobs.
If you recall from an earlier entry, none of the current candidates mentioned anything about manufacturing in their announcement speeches. Yesterday’s announcement from former Louisiana Governor Buddy Roemer was a refreshing change, since he noted that his campaign would focus on, among other issues, “unfair trade practices.”
It’s great to see the candidates talking about this issue, and we hope this will inspire other candidates to announce their plans to create more manufacturing jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014