Bringing the Made In America message to the minor leagues in Michigan
Field coordinators with the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) spent an evening last week in Midland, MI, rooting for the Great Lakes Loons, a Class A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
2013 marks the fifth annual “Labor Union Night” at the Loons' home park, Dow Diamond. Union members and their families joined together for a night of solidarity and baseball.
The park saw record attendance, and a lot of young people sporting “Keep it Made in America” buttons. AAM coordinators talked about manufacturing and trade, and asked spectators to stay on their legislators about supporting currency reform and infrastructure investment.
It was a great event and a wonderful night of fellowship. AAM's field coordinators would like to thank the Steelworkers Organization of Active Retirees (SOAR) Chapter 29-2 and United Steelworkers (USW) Local 12075 for inviting them to the event.
Pictured is AAM site coordinator Blue Wilson (R) with SOAR 29-2 President Dick McInerney.
Related recent Blogs
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014