Boynton Beach, FL -- Surfboards for the environmentally friendly
In honor of the hot weather that seems to stretch from coast to coast, we bring you…American-made surfboards.
Based in Boynton Beach, Florida, TURTLE Surfboards crafts American-made products, with a focus on the environment. According to the company’s website:
"A percent of all surfboard sales goes to (Caribbean Conservation Corporation) to help maintain and protect our coastal environments."
One of TURTLE Surfboard’s goals is to give back to the environment, but by making its surfboards in America they are also helping to grow the economy.
Two summers ago, MSNBC.com senior editor Patrick Rizzo reported on the status of surfboards being manufactured outside of the United States. In his article Rizzo explained:
Ever since the top U.S. producer of surfboard blanks suddenly announced it was closing shop in 2005, the surfboard market has been awash with cheaper imports from Asia. To many small, backyard producers, those two events were the worst things that ever happened to a sport invented by Hawaiians hundreds of years before white men set foot on their islands.”
Even with the odds against them, and judging by the reviews on the company's testimonial page, TURTLE Surfboards is doing well.
To learn more about TURTLE Surfboards or to invest in your own custom board, click here.
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013