Boynton Beach, FL -- Surfboards for the environmentally friendly
In honor of the hot weather that seems to stretch from coast to coast, we bring you…American-made surfboards.
Based in Boynton Beach, Florida, TURTLE Surfboards crafts American-made products, with a focus on the environment. According to the company’s website:
"A percent of all surfboard sales goes to (Caribbean Conservation Corporation) to help maintain and protect our coastal environments."
One of TURTLE Surfboard’s goals is to give back to the environment, but by making its surfboards in America they are also helping to grow the economy.
Two summers ago, MSNBC.com senior editor Patrick Rizzo reported on the status of surfboards being manufactured outside of the United States. In his article Rizzo explained:
Ever since the top U.S. producer of surfboard blanks suddenly announced it was closing shop in 2005, the surfboard market has been awash with cheaper imports from Asia. To many small, backyard producers, those two events were the worst things that ever happened to a sport invented by Hawaiians hundreds of years before white men set foot on their islands.”
Even with the odds against them, and judging by the reviews on the company's testimonial page, TURTLE Surfboards is doing well.
To learn more about TURTLE Surfboards or to invest in your own custom board, click here.
Related recent Blogs
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013