Bluffton, Indiana-based A.T. Ferrell celebrates 143 years of American manufacturing
Bluffton, Indiana-based company, A.T. Ferrell, an agriculture and food processing business, is celebrating its 143rd year of manufacturing in the United States.
Civil War Captain John E. Smith started the company in 1869. Albert T. Ferrell purchased the company in 1891.
The company’s press release announced the anniversary:
Over the past 143 years, A.T. Ferrell Company has evolved from a small seed cleaning business to become one of the most respected and reliable names in the agriculture and food processing industries…
Since 1869, the A.T. Ferrell Company has manufactured seed and grain cleaners, sifting conveyors, flaking mills, roller mills and steam chests used by farm operators, feed mills, cattle feed lots, and food, cereal and oilseed processors to bring agricultural and food products to market.
Read more here.
Image from A.T. Ferrell's homepage.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013