Bill Clinton's watches (he's got two) were Made In Detroit
Ol’ Bill Clinton was up in Michigan over the weekend, speaking at a fundraiser for the state’s Democratic party. And what did the former president have on his wrist? Shinola, that’s what:
Shinola makes high-end bicycles and spiffy watches at a manufacturing facility in the heart of Detroit, and it’s very proud of its made-in-America brand. From its website:
(We) don't think American manufacturing ever failed for being too good. Our worst didn't come when we were at our best. It happened when we thought good was good enough.
It's a tall order to return to form, but we're up for it. We’re starting with the reinvigoration of a storied American brand, and a storied American city. Because we believe in the beauty of industry. The glory of manufacturing.
As of a few months ago, the company had roughly 175 employees (most of whom are in the Detroit area) and it’s growing. Looking for a manufacturing job in the D? Could be that Shinola is the place for you. Check out its job listings.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014