Bill Clinton suggests a creative way to fund an infrastructure bank
Former President Bill Clinton stays busy these days, whether it be by bulldogging Republicans in the midst of a presidential campaign, expounding upon golfing, or gushing over the sock choices of former political adversaries.
An interesting man, that President Clinton, yessir. Yesterday, he said something particularly interesting. Here’s the quote from Bloomberg’s Elizabeth Dexheimer:
Former President Bill Clinton told some of Wall Street’s top executives that fines levied against banks in connection with the financial crisis should be used to fund infrastructure improvements in the U.S.
’Where’s that fine money going?’ Clinton, 67, said yesterday in a speech at the annual meeting of the Securities Industry & Financial Markets Association in New York. ‘It should be put into an infrastructure bank to build a new American economy.’
Emphasis added, because that’s not a half-bad idea! A bill that would create such a bank is sitting up on Capitol Hill, though it doesn’t include Clinton’s creative funding source. Maybe somebody should dust off the proposal?
Related recent Blogs
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014