Biden pushes Administration's manufacturing initiatives
At a speech today in Winston-Salem, Vice President Joe Biden spoke to workers at Wake Forest Biotech, a cutting-edge biotechnology firm.
Biden said one goal of the Obama administration is to ramp up scientific development in the U.S.
He emphasized the Obama administration’s initiatives to enact tax credits for companies that invest in renewable energy and to offer incentives for companies to bring back operations from overseas by offering a 20 percent tax credit to those that bring manufacturing back stateside.
Related recent Blogs
- QOTD: President Obama speaking to newly elected mayors • by LDonia • 12/13/2013
- December 13, 2013: More Boeing trouble bubbles • by mmcmullan • 12/13/2013
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013