Biden pushes Administration's manufacturing initiatives
At a speech today in Winston-Salem, Vice President Joe Biden spoke to workers at Wake Forest Biotech, a cutting-edge biotechnology firm.
Biden said one goal of the Obama administration is to ramp up scientific development in the U.S.
He emphasized the Obama administration’s initiatives to enact tax credits for companies that invest in renewable energy and to offer incentives for companies to bring back operations from overseas by offering a 20 percent tax credit to those that bring manufacturing back stateside.
Related recent Blogs
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013