The benefits of adopting Buy America policy in building high-speed rail
Since the Department of Transportation announced the availability of an additional $2.4 billion for high-speed rail projects last month, governors and members of Congress from both major parties have been looking to build high-speed rail in their state.
In a White House Blog piece on the benefits of building a high-speed rail system, Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood mentions benefits of Buy America policy:
They know that our Buy America requirements ensure they'll be using American-made supplies and materials, so U.S. companies, workers, and communities will receive the maximum economic benefit of our high-speed rail investment.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013