Bemidji Woolen Mills: From Loggers to the Campaign Trail
Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) has gained a certain amount of notoriety on the campaign trail for his distinctive sweater vests. This week, he’ll be visiting Bemidji Woolen Mills, in Bemidji, MN which makes the sweater vests that you can buy on Santorum’s website.
Bemidji Woolen Mills makes a full range of quality products in addition to their now-famous sweater vests. On the company's website you can also find winter coats, blankets, hats, gloves, and scarves. The company was founded in 1920 by Ira Preston and Ira Hubert Batchelder-- greatgrandfather and grandfather to the current owners, Billy and Bob Batchelder.
Bemidji Woolen Mills has been making high-quality outdoors wear for four generations. Originally marketing to loggers, their clothing is now found worldwide.
Shop Bemidji Woolen Mills.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014