Bemidji Woolen Mills: From Loggers to the Campaign Trail
Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) has gained a certain amount of notoriety on the campaign trail for his distinctive sweater vests. This week, he’ll be visiting Bemidji Woolen Mills, in Bemidji, MN which makes the sweater vests that you can buy on Santorum’s website.
Bemidji Woolen Mills makes a full range of quality products in addition to their now-famous sweater vests. On the company's website you can also find winter coats, blankets, hats, gloves, and scarves. The company was founded in 1920 by Ira Preston and Ira Hubert Batchelder-- greatgrandfather and grandfather to the current owners, Billy and Bob Batchelder.
Bemidji Woolen Mills has been making high-quality outdoors wear for four generations. Originally marketing to loggers, their clothing is now found worldwide.
Shop Bemidji Woolen Mills.
Related recent Blogs
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013