August 9, 2011 Headlines: The Fed and the Economy, Time for Jobs, Lack of Leadership, and More
LAT: Our nation's leaders lack the will and imagination to boost the economy.
NYT: Past time to shift to jobs.
WSJ: China needs to get its own debt in order.
Time: What are the prospects for economic growth?
WaPo: African-American leaders on a "poverty tour" to highlight failure of Obama's policies to improve economic circumstances for black communities.
WaPo: The dollar continues its downward slide. (Again, not all bad for manufacturing exports.)
USAT: Ford will roll out its all-electric Focus in 2012.
IT: Government to roll out a manufacturing policy. (India's government, not ours.)
Related recent Blogs
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013