August 9, 2011 Headlines: The Fed and the Economy, Time for Jobs, Lack of Leadership, and More
LAT: Our nation's leaders lack the will and imagination to boost the economy.
NYT: Past time to shift to jobs.
WSJ: China needs to get its own debt in order.
Time: What are the prospects for economic growth?
WaPo: African-American leaders on a "poverty tour" to highlight failure of Obama's policies to improve economic circumstances for black communities.
WaPo: The dollar continues its downward slide. (Again, not all bad for manufacturing exports.)
USAT: Ford will roll out its all-electric Focus in 2012.
IT: Government to roll out a manufacturing policy. (India's government, not ours.)
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013