August 6, 2013 Headlines: The non-manufacturing sector, budget cuts in Washington, and more.
Bloomberg: Activity in the non-manufacturing sector increased significantly during the month of July.
Bloomberg: The U.S. trade deficit shrank more than expected.
New York Times: Budget cuts in Washington will have a major effect on global competitiveness for the U.S.
NPR: The White House veto on the Apple products ban was the first since 1987.
Related recent Blogs
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013