August 4, 2011 Headlines: Paltry Jobs Agenda, China Chides US on Debt Debate, Another Recession? and More
WaPo: Obama’s jobs agenda? Really small stuff.
Politico: A preview of tomorrow’s jobs report.
USAT: Nancy Pelosi: Democrats want jobs, and want to pass China currency manipulation legislation.
China chides (WSJ) the US for debt ceiling debate (USAT).
Reuters: President Obama will head out on a bus August 15-17 to listen to Americans on jobs.
WSJ: Looks like low-wage call center jobs are coming back to the U.S.
Reuters: Stunning: New data shows US incomes down 15 percent 2007-2009.
Japan devalues (WSJ) the Yen. (This is not good for US manufacturing.) (Reuters)
NYT: Virtually every economic indicator is STILL below pre-recession levels.
Yahoo Finance: Unemployment rose in virtually every US city in June.
Bloomberg: Wal-Mart sales are dropping. Maybe it should add more American products?
CNN: China still favors its state-owned companies over the private sector.
HuffPo: America’s ten “sickest” housing markets include many areas with manufacturing job loss.
CT: Tavis Smiley takes a “poverty” tour to Chicago, home of President Obama.
IW: Julie Reiser: American wind power, made for the world.
Economist: Apple’s assembler Foxconn turns to robots since its Chinese workers are committing suicide, dying on the job and otherwise complaining about abysmal conditions.
Pro Publica: A great primer on the depth of our economic challenges, by the numbers.
538: Nate Silver: US is at least 17 percent behind long term GDP growth trend.
BI: Will the Fed do QE3?
Related recent Blogs
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013