August 30, 2011 Headlines: The Long Recession, Terrible GDP Growth, China's Central Bank, and More
WaPo: Is recession the new normal?
MFGCrunch: The recession won’t be going anywhere with 1.6% GDP.
NYT: Alan Kreuger, new head of the Council on Economic Advisors, has a vast knowledge of labor economics. Will he use that skill to put people back to work?
NYT: Another response to Sunday’s piece questioning the value of manufacturing jobs.
WaPo: Eugene Robinson: Time to be bold on jobs.
NYT: Since the Fed won’t act, is it up to China’s central bank to support global economic growth?
WSJ: Another take on the secretive actions of China’s central bank.
WaPo: China’s Air Force has two new demonstration teams, flying military aircraft made and developed in China.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013