August 29, 2011 Headlines: The Need for Manufacturing Jobs, Chinese Repression, Government Failure on Jobs, and More
NYT: The New York Times asks if America needs manufacturing jobs.
CEPR: What does the math say about that?
WSJ: Recently released dissident Ai Weiwei opens up on the “Two Beijings”.
WSJ: At the Kansas City Fed’s Jackson Hole conference, Dani Rodrik argues that China and other emerging economies will face challenges that make overtaking the U.S. harder than it appears.
NYT: Nicholas Kristof on the failure of the government to do anything about the unemployment, and the failure of the media to speak up.
WaPo: When will the government sell their stake in GM?
NYT: Thomas Friedman sees that we’re at a major turning point for the global economy, and entering uncharted waters.
WaPo: Milbank: More action is needed on jobs.
NYT: Washington isn’t sharing the nation’s economic woes.
USW Blog: Americans want to work.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013