August 29, 2011 Headlines: The Need for Manufacturing Jobs, Chinese Repression, Government Failure on Jobs, and More
NYT: The New York Times asks if America needs manufacturing jobs.
CEPR: What does the math say about that?
WSJ: Recently released dissident Ai Weiwei opens up on the “Two Beijings”.
WSJ: At the Kansas City Fed’s Jackson Hole conference, Dani Rodrik argues that China and other emerging economies will face challenges that make overtaking the U.S. harder than it appears.
NYT: Nicholas Kristof on the failure of the government to do anything about the unemployment, and the failure of the media to speak up.
WaPo: When will the government sell their stake in GM?
NYT: Thomas Friedman sees that we’re at a major turning point for the global economy, and entering uncharted waters.
WaPo: Milbank: More action is needed on jobs.
NYT: Washington isn’t sharing the nation’s economic woes.
USW Blog: Americans want to work.
Related recent Blogs
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014