August 29, 2011 Headlines: The Need for Manufacturing Jobs, Chinese Repression, Government Failure on Jobs, and More
NYT: The New York Times asks if America needs manufacturing jobs.
CEPR: What does the math say about that?
WSJ: Recently released dissident Ai Weiwei opens up on the “Two Beijings”.
WSJ: At the Kansas City Fed’s Jackson Hole conference, Dani Rodrik argues that China and other emerging economies will face challenges that make overtaking the U.S. harder than it appears.
NYT: Nicholas Kristof on the failure of the government to do anything about the unemployment, and the failure of the media to speak up.
WaPo: When will the government sell their stake in GM?
NYT: Thomas Friedman sees that we’re at a major turning point for the global economy, and entering uncharted waters.
WaPo: Milbank: More action is needed on jobs.
NYT: Washington isn’t sharing the nation’s economic woes.
USW Blog: Americans want to work.
Related recent Blogs
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014
- 86th Academy Awards: The Top 5 Manufacturing Movies • by scapozzola • 02/28/2014
- 86th Academy Awards: Those Oscar statuettes are totally made in the USA! • by LDonia • 02/28/2014