August 29, 2011 Headlines: The Need for Manufacturing Jobs, Chinese Repression, Government Failure on Jobs, and More
NYT: The New York Times asks if America needs manufacturing jobs.
CEPR: What does the math say about that?
WSJ: Recently released dissident Ai Weiwei opens up on the “Two Beijings”.
WSJ: At the Kansas City Fed’s Jackson Hole conference, Dani Rodrik argues that China and other emerging economies will face challenges that make overtaking the U.S. harder than it appears.
NYT: Nicholas Kristof on the failure of the government to do anything about the unemployment, and the failure of the media to speak up.
WaPo: When will the government sell their stake in GM?
NYT: Thomas Friedman sees that we’re at a major turning point for the global economy, and entering uncharted waters.
WaPo: Milbank: More action is needed on jobs.
NYT: Washington isn’t sharing the nation’s economic woes.
USW Blog: Americans want to work.
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014