August 26, 2011 Headlines: MLK Made in China, France and China Talk Currency, and More
WaPo: China and France have entered into talks to loosen controls on the Yuan. Where’s our government on this?
WaPo: Meanwhile, nothing’s being done to loosen China’s controls on the civil rights of the Chinese people.
WaPo: The economy is even more sluggish than expected, only 1% growth. Another recession looks to be more of a reality than a theory at this point.
WSJ: Factories are coming back to Kansas.
WSJ: China is skipping out on the Jackson Hole talks, but that won’t help them avoid the global slowdown.
Politico: The MLK memorial, to be dedicated in DC this weekend, was made in China.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013