August 26, 2011 Headlines: MLK Made in China, France and China Talk Currency, and More
WaPo: China and France have entered into talks to loosen controls on the Yuan. Where’s our government on this?
WaPo: Meanwhile, nothing’s being done to loosen China’s controls on the civil rights of the Chinese people.
WaPo: The economy is even more sluggish than expected, only 1% growth. Another recession looks to be more of a reality than a theory at this point.
WSJ: Factories are coming back to Kansas.
WSJ: China is skipping out on the Jackson Hole talks, but that won’t help them avoid the global slowdown.
Politico: The MLK memorial, to be dedicated in DC this weekend, was made in China.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013