August 26, 2011 Headlines: MLK Made in China, France and China Talk Currency, and More
WaPo: China and France have entered into talks to loosen controls on the Yuan. Where’s our government on this?
WaPo: Meanwhile, nothing’s being done to loosen China’s controls on the civil rights of the Chinese people.
WaPo: The economy is even more sluggish than expected, only 1% growth. Another recession looks to be more of a reality than a theory at this point.
WSJ: Factories are coming back to Kansas.
WSJ: China is skipping out on the Jackson Hole talks, but that won’t help them avoid the global slowdown.
Politico: The MLK memorial, to be dedicated in DC this weekend, was made in China.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013