August 25, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Speech Preview, China's Naval Power, Slow Growth, and More
WSJ: The Administration is floating some trial balloons for Obama’s jobs speech.
The Hill: House Republicans may lose their jobs as a result of the economy.
NYT: What can the Fed do to boost the economy?
WSJ: China’s naval power worries DoD. It should.
USAT: A one-sided and flawed look at the “benefits” of made in China.
WSJ: CBO expects slow growth and stubbornly high unemployment for years to come.
Yahoo: Ten American industries “still hanging on.”
NYT: China’s rare earth policies are causing companies to invest there.
NYT: China will have difficulty rebalancing its economy.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013