August 25, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Speech Preview, China's Naval Power, Slow Growth, and More
WSJ: The Administration is floating some trial balloons for Obama’s jobs speech.
The Hill: House Republicans may lose their jobs as a result of the economy.
NYT: What can the Fed do to boost the economy?
WSJ: China’s naval power worries DoD. It should.
USAT: A one-sided and flawed look at the “benefits” of made in China.
WSJ: CBO expects slow growth and stubbornly high unemployment for years to come.
Yahoo: Ten American industries “still hanging on.”
NYT: China’s rare earth policies are causing companies to invest there.
NYT: China will have difficulty rebalancing its economy.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013