August 22, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Ideas, China's Currency Cheating, Tech Sector Innovation, and More
WSJ: Job ideas, part I: Obama weighs help for long-term unemployed.
IAF: Job ideas, part II: Revive American manufacturing.
S&B: Job ideas, part III: A smart industrial policy.
WaPo: Job ideas, part IV: EJ Dionne says Obama should go big on stimulus and revenues.
WSJ: Job ideas, part V: Go big on infrastructure. (Or not, say House Republicans.)
The Hill: Job ideas, part VI: China currency legislation before free trade agreements.
WaPo: Big multinationals hide their hiring data to avoid scrutiny.
Forbes: This is sad: We couldn’t make a Kindle in the USA even if Amazon wanted to do so.
NYT: Does the Philly Fed manufacturing survey presage a recession?
FOX Business: The Aussies say China should stop cheating on currency.
NYT: Silicon Valley innovation is thriving again, or is it bubble part II?
NYT: Tyler Cowen recognizes the challenges of offshoring for US productivity, but doesn’t suggest we do anything about it.
WaPo: This “recovery” won’t feel like a recovery for a long time.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013