August 22, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Ideas, China's Currency Cheating, Tech Sector Innovation, and More
WSJ: Job ideas, part I: Obama weighs help for long-term unemployed.
IAF: Job ideas, part II: Revive American manufacturing.
S&B: Job ideas, part III: A smart industrial policy.
WaPo: Job ideas, part IV: EJ Dionne says Obama should go big on stimulus and revenues.
WSJ: Job ideas, part V: Go big on infrastructure. (Or not, say House Republicans.)
The Hill: Job ideas, part VI: China currency legislation before free trade agreements.
WaPo: Big multinationals hide their hiring data to avoid scrutiny.
Forbes: This is sad: We couldn’t make a Kindle in the USA even if Amazon wanted to do so.
NYT: Does the Philly Fed manufacturing survey presage a recession?
FOX Business: The Aussies say China should stop cheating on currency.
NYT: Silicon Valley innovation is thriving again, or is it bubble part II?
NYT: Tyler Cowen recognizes the challenges of offshoring for US productivity, but doesn’t suggest we do anything about it.
WaPo: This “recovery” won’t feel like a recovery for a long time.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013