August 2, 2011 Headlines: Congress Moves to Jobs (After Recess), Manufacturing Recession, China Currency Update, and More
WaPo: Time for Congress to pivot to jobs.
Credit Writedowns: Manufacturing may soon be in another recession.
NYT: There are 9.7 million more American out of work than jobs available right now.
As economy falters, Congress opts for austerity (Bloomberg). The weak economy may make the supercommittee’s job more difficult (USAT).
Can the Fed help the economy again (NYT)? The Fed will meet August 9 (Bloomberg).
WSJ: A new steel plant (yes, you read it right) rises in Youngstown, Ohio.
Reuters: China tightens its Yuan policy.
USAT: Is there another dot-com bubble?
HuffPo: Revaluing the Yuan will help lower our trade deficit with China.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013