August 11, 2011 Headlines: $53 Billion Trade Deficit, China's Aircraft Carrier, and More
Bloomberg: The trade deficit expanded to $53 billion in June, boosted by a widening trade gap with China.
WSJ: There are 4.5 unemployed Americans for every job opening.
NYT: Is China raising the value of the Yuan? (Apparently, not nearly enough.)
WaPo: Bill Gross: we don't have a debt problem, we have an aggregate demand and job creation problem.
DFP: President Obama visits a Michigan advanced battery manufacturer today; announces federal support for more projects.
USAT: Obama's vacation plans may look a bit awkward, given the state of the economy. (Then again, Congress is taking five weeks off.)
WSJ: China test-drives its new aircraft carrier.
WSJ: Infrastructure is the right stimulus, says former Gov. Ed Rendell.
WaPo: Democrats wish Obama would get bolder on job creation.
The Hill: How about a jobs "supercommittee"?
Related recent Blogs
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013