August 11, 2011 Headlines: $53 Billion Trade Deficit, China's Aircraft Carrier, and More
Bloomberg: The trade deficit expanded to $53 billion in June, boosted by a widening trade gap with China.
WSJ: There are 4.5 unemployed Americans for every job opening.
NYT: Is China raising the value of the Yuan? (Apparently, not nearly enough.)
WaPo: Bill Gross: we don't have a debt problem, we have an aggregate demand and job creation problem.
DFP: President Obama visits a Michigan advanced battery manufacturer today; announces federal support for more projects.
USAT: Obama's vacation plans may look a bit awkward, given the state of the economy. (Then again, Congress is taking five weeks off.)
WSJ: China test-drives its new aircraft carrier.
WSJ: Infrastructure is the right stimulus, says former Gov. Ed Rendell.
WaPo: Democrats wish Obama would get bolder on job creation.
The Hill: How about a jobs "supercommittee"?
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013