August 1, 2011 Headlines: Debt Issue Solved? Slow Manufactuirng Growth, Recession Potential, and More
NYT: How to cure the debt problem? Grow the economy.
The best thing you can say about the debt deal is that it could have been worse (Reuters). Paul Krugman thinks it was a huge mistake (NYT).
NYT: US government strategy shifts from spending to austerity. How will the economy react?
WSJ: Does slowing US growth portend another recession?
WSJ: Four factors that could make or break the economy: one is trade.
Reuters: One analysis suggests the auto industry could drive an economy recovery.
USAT: Piracy king China now copying entire retail stores.
Reuters: Manufacturing in Europe stalls, slows in Asia.
Zero Hedge: How China ate America’s lunch.
Wired: China plans to out-missile the US.
WSJ: Wal-Mart going local for food. (Will they follow for manufacturing?)
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013