August 1, 2011 Headlines: Debt Issue Solved? Slow Manufactuirng Growth, Recession Potential, and More
NYT: How to cure the debt problem? Grow the economy.
The best thing you can say about the debt deal is that it could have been worse (Reuters). Paul Krugman thinks it was a huge mistake (NYT).
NYT: US government strategy shifts from spending to austerity. How will the economy react?
WSJ: Does slowing US growth portend another recession?
WSJ: Four factors that could make or break the economy: one is trade.
Reuters: One analysis suggests the auto industry could drive an economy recovery.
USAT: Piracy king China now copying entire retail stores.
Reuters: Manufacturing in Europe stalls, slows in Asia.
Zero Hedge: How China ate America’s lunch.
Wired: China plans to out-missile the US.
WSJ: Wal-Mart going local for food. (Will they follow for manufacturing?)
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013