April 5, 2011 Headlines: China's Inflation, American Ingenuity, and More
WSJ: China’s Central Bank raises interest rates to head off inflation. (It could do the same thing by raising the value of the Yuan!)
PT: Look at what happens when labor and management cooperate: inside the Steelworkers-US Steel relationship.
Naked Capitalism: Dr. Doom says China is in for a “hard landing” in a few years.
WSJ: The SEC is looking at backdoor mergers by Chinese companies.
NYT: American manufacturing ingenuity at work: Navistar develops a low-emissions truck engine.
NYT: Joe Nocera writes, who could blame GE for trying to lower its taxes? (Our point exactly: blame the system, not the company.)
WaPo: U.S. prices are headed up; wages, not so much.
Related recent Blogs
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014