April 5, 2011 Headlines: China's Inflation, American Ingenuity, and More
WSJ: China’s Central Bank raises interest rates to head off inflation. (It could do the same thing by raising the value of the Yuan!)
PT: Look at what happens when labor and management cooperate: inside the Steelworkers-US Steel relationship.
Naked Capitalism: Dr. Doom says China is in for a “hard landing” in a few years.
WSJ: The SEC is looking at backdoor mergers by Chinese companies.
NYT: American manufacturing ingenuity at work: Navistar develops a low-emissions truck engine.
NYT: Joe Nocera writes, who could blame GE for trying to lower its taxes? (Our point exactly: blame the system, not the company.)
WaPo: U.S. prices are headed up; wages, not so much.
Related recent Blogs
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014