April 5, 2011 Headlines: China's Inflation, American Ingenuity, and More
WSJ: China’s Central Bank raises interest rates to head off inflation. (It could do the same thing by raising the value of the Yuan!)
PT: Look at what happens when labor and management cooperate: inside the Steelworkers-US Steel relationship.
Naked Capitalism: Dr. Doom says China is in for a “hard landing” in a few years.
WSJ: The SEC is looking at backdoor mergers by Chinese companies.
NYT: American manufacturing ingenuity at work: Navistar develops a low-emissions truck engine.
NYT: Joe Nocera writes, who could blame GE for trying to lower its taxes? (Our point exactly: blame the system, not the company.)
WaPo: U.S. prices are headed up; wages, not so much.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013