April 30, 2012 Headlines: Chinese Dissident Seeks Asylum, Reaction to GDP Numbers, and More
NYT: Blind dissident Chen Guangchen has escaped House Arrest, and is reported to be hiding in the U.S. Embassy in Beijing.
NYT: GOP candidate Mitt Romney calls for the Obama administration to grant him asylum.
WSJ: Economists react to the new GDP numbers.
Bloomberg: A hard landing for the Chinese economy is making investors skittish.
The Hill: Representatives call for the administration to press China on economic reforms.
WSJ: A worrisome sign: jobless claims are trending upwards.
Krugman: Four charts to show the state of the economy and the causes of federal deficits.
AP: China Eastern Airlines is swapping their European Airbus A-340s for American-made Boeing 777s.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013