April 27, 2011 Headlines: The Fed's first Press Conference, Chinese Policies Hurt U.S. Jobs, and More
NYT: Today the Fed will hold its first ever press conference. Here’s a good question from the article: Why has Mr. Bernanke decided to accept widespread unemployment for years on end, even though he believes he has the power to reduce it?
MBT: What do people know about manufacturing? More than you’d think.
WSJ: India is preparing a plan to promote domestic “mega-steel” projects. Why doesn’t the U.S. Have a similar plan?
Reuters: Is China’s one-child policy destroying the tax base of an aging nation?
Reuters: Should old U.S. machinery go to Chinese companies?
FT: The Chrysler bailout worked. What can this tell us about the future of the auto industry?
Related recent Blogs
- A look at apparel manufacturing on the anniversary of the Bangladeshi factory disaster • by mmcmullan • 04/24/2014
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014