April 27, 2011 Headlines: The Fed's first Press Conference, Chinese Policies Hurt U.S. Jobs, and More
NYT: Today the Fed will hold its first ever press conference. Here’s a good question from the article: Why has Mr. Bernanke decided to accept widespread unemployment for years on end, even though he believes he has the power to reduce it?
MBT: What do people know about manufacturing? More than you’d think.
WSJ: India is preparing a plan to promote domestic “mega-steel” projects. Why doesn’t the U.S. Have a similar plan?
Reuters: Is China’s one-child policy destroying the tax base of an aging nation?
Reuters: Should old U.S. machinery go to Chinese companies?
FT: The Chrysler bailout worked. What can this tell us about the future of the auto industry?
Related recent Blogs
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- An American-made case to protect your not so American-made phone • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014