April 23, 2012 Headlines: Improving Economy in Swing States, Effects of Factory Closures, Beijing Auto Show, and More
AP: Good news for the Obama re-elect team, an improving economy is paying benefits in the swing states.
WSJ: States with manufacturing bases saw the biggest drops in unemployment.
The Economist: 3-D printing and the future of manufacturing.
AP: GM and VW both look to expand in China.
WSJ: What happens when factories close.
USAT: Economists are sounding more optimistic in their forecasts for the rest of 2012.
AP: At the Beijing Auto Show, the increasing focus on cars aimed at Chinese buyers.
Related recent Blogs
- December 13, 2013: More Boeing trouble bubbles • by mmcmullan • 12/13/2013
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013