April 21, 2011 Headlines: China Currency, USAF Buys from China, and More
WaPo: China’s has made some strides in green production. But a closer look at the facts shows more problems than the raw numbers will tell.
HuffPo: The U.S. Air Force can’t seem to find American-made screws, nuts, and other construction materials. Can anyone help them find some that are made here?
Reuters: John Kemp seems to think that the reason for the U.S.-China trade deficit can be found in the structure of the two economies, not currency misalignment. Would the economies be structured so differently if China were forced to compete on a level playing field?
USAT: Members of Congress are talking with Chinese leaders about the currency imbalance.
WSJ: Is China looking to strengthen the Yuan to fight inflation? Does anyone believe this will actually happen?
WSJ: Joblessness is a long-term risk for the economy? Wow, who would have thought?
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013