April 21, 2011 Headlines: China Currency, USAF Buys from China, and More
WaPo: China’s has made some strides in green production. But a closer look at the facts shows more problems than the raw numbers will tell.
HuffPo: The U.S. Air Force can’t seem to find American-made screws, nuts, and other construction materials. Can anyone help them find some that are made here?
Reuters: John Kemp seems to think that the reason for the U.S.-China trade deficit can be found in the structure of the two economies, not currency misalignment. Would the economies be structured so differently if China were forced to compete on a level playing field?
USAT: Members of Congress are talking with Chinese leaders about the currency imbalance.
WSJ: Is China looking to strengthen the Yuan to fight inflation? Does anyone believe this will actually happen?
WSJ: Joblessness is a long-term risk for the economy? Wow, who would have thought?
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013