April 19, 2012 Headlines: Reactions to China's Currency Move, Ford Expands in China, and More
WaPo: Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner says that China’s recent currency moves are “significant and promising.”
AP: The Beijing Auto Show is highlighting the increased standard of living in China. l
NYT: Ford is looking to build a new plant in China to expand factory production.
AP: Hopes of a stimulus effort in China drive up world stocks.
TIME: Manufacturing jobs take a large percentage of the top 10 fastest growing industries.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: The American-made gift you make yourself ... sort of • by LDonia • 12/20/2013
- Rep.Tim Ryan leads effort to prioritize U.S. manufacturing in tax reform discussions • by TGarland • 12/20/2013
- December 20, 2013: Manufacturing weathermen • by mmcmullan • 12/20/2013
- Guest Post: Congressman Tim Ryan on the importance of American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/19/2013
- QOTD: AAM President Scott Paul talks young workers in manufacturing • by TGarland • 12/19/2013
- December 19, 2013: New gig for Baucus? • by mmcmullan • 12/19/2013
- Missed our #ShopAmerica twitter chat? We've got you covered! • by LDonia • 12/18/2013
- WE ARE ... made in Pennsylvania • by TGarland • 12/18/2013
- December 18, 2013: Selling the trade agenda • by mmcmullan • 12/18/2013
- #ShopAmerica: From handbags and dress shoes to tires and paintball -- an assortment of #MadeinUSA gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/17/2013