April 18, 2011 Headlines: Poisoned Chinese Workers, G-20 on China Currency, Skills Training, and More
PBS: Is iPhone production in China poisoning workers? PBS explores.
NYT: The impact of deindustrialization: Flint is the murder capital of America.
USAT: The G-20 agree to a modest statement on reigning in global imbalances (i.e. China).
A rebound in manufacturing is highlighting the sad state of skills and training in the U.S (CNN). Meanwhile, Congress is cutting job training programs (WaPo).
NYT: Headline screamer: China’s Inflation Threatens Global Trade. The solution: raise the value of the Yuan, a topic the story does not even broach.
Chinese inflows are testing the mettle of the PBOC (WSJ). Or, is the PBOC nearly insolvent? (Forbes)
Reuters: Is China taking steps to make the Yuan more “freely usable”?
Going nuts: China loves American pecans (WSJ).
MBT: The case for working with your hands.
Related recent Blogs
- December 13, 2013: More Boeing trouble bubbles • by mmcmullan • 12/13/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013