April 18, 2011 Headlines: Poisoned Chinese Workers, G-20 on China Currency, Skills Training, and More
PBS: Is iPhone production in China poisoning workers? PBS explores.
NYT: The impact of deindustrialization: Flint is the murder capital of America.
USAT: The G-20 agree to a modest statement on reigning in global imbalances (i.e. China).
A rebound in manufacturing is highlighting the sad state of skills and training in the U.S (CNN). Meanwhile, Congress is cutting job training programs (WaPo).
NYT: Headline screamer: China’s Inflation Threatens Global Trade. The solution: raise the value of the Yuan, a topic the story does not even broach.
Chinese inflows are testing the mettle of the PBOC (WSJ). Or, is the PBOC nearly insolvent? (Forbes)
Reuters: Is China taking steps to make the Yuan more “freely usable”?
Going nuts: China loves American pecans (WSJ).
MBT: The case for working with your hands.
Related recent Blogs
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- May 13, 2013 Headlines: New wave of cyber-attacks, global trade, and more. • by LRaup • 05/13/2013
- May 10 2013 Headlines: Obama's focus on manufacturing, U.S.-South Korea summit, and more. • by LRaup • 05/10/2013