April 18, 2011 Headlines: Poisoned Chinese Workers, G-20 on China Currency, Skills Training, and More
PBS: Is iPhone production in China poisoning workers? PBS explores.
NYT: The impact of deindustrialization: Flint is the murder capital of America.
USAT: The G-20 agree to a modest statement on reigning in global imbalances (i.e. China).
A rebound in manufacturing is highlighting the sad state of skills and training in the U.S (CNN). Meanwhile, Congress is cutting job training programs (WaPo).
NYT: Headline screamer: China’s Inflation Threatens Global Trade. The solution: raise the value of the Yuan, a topic the story does not even broach.
Chinese inflows are testing the mettle of the PBOC (WSJ). Or, is the PBOC nearly insolvent? (Forbes)
Reuters: Is China taking steps to make the Yuan more “freely usable”?
Going nuts: China loves American pecans (WSJ).
MBT: The case for working with your hands.
Related recent Blogs
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013
- The Veep heads to Asia, while Michigan Democrats and automakers press the "currency issue" in TPP talks • by TGarland • 11/27/2013
- November 27, 2013: Tension over the East China Sea and more • by LDonia • 11/27/2013
- November 26, 2013: Holding out hope for Chinese economic reform • by mmcmullan • 11/26/2013