April 16, 2012 Headlines: Video Inside Foxconn, U.S.-Colombia FTA, Battle for Middle Class Voters, and More
NPR: Exclusive video from inside a Foxconn factory in China.
Krugman: Spanish austerity programs are driving the country back into a crisis.
The Hill: U.S.-Colombia FTA will take effect in May.
USW Blog: The importance of having a debate about manufacturing policy.
The Atlantic: China is poised to enter Phase II of economic growth, and that means the end of cheap goods in minimum-wage factories.
The Hill: Massive spending cuts are on the horizon, and neither party is willing to take action to stop them.
The Atlantic: President Obama appears to be winning the battle for middle-class voters.
Related recent Blogs
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014