April 16, 2012 Headlines: Video Inside Foxconn, U.S.-Colombia FTA, Battle for Middle Class Voters, and More
NPR: Exclusive video from inside a Foxconn factory in China.
Krugman: Spanish austerity programs are driving the country back into a crisis.
The Hill: U.S.-Colombia FTA will take effect in May.
USW Blog: The importance of having a debate about manufacturing policy.
The Atlantic: China is poised to enter Phase II of economic growth, and that means the end of cheap goods in minimum-wage factories.
The Hill: Massive spending cuts are on the horizon, and neither party is willing to take action to stop them.
The Atlantic: President Obama appears to be winning the battle for middle-class voters.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013